Monday, August 1, 2016

Struggling in the Water


It was a bright sunny day in September. I went to the outdoor swimming pool at our club with my father, mother, and sister at the age of six. The swimming pool was designed in the shape of a donut. There were tall coconut trees standing in the middle of the pool with shrubs and colorful flowers beside them. Around the swimming pool, there were tall trees and wooden deck chairs. I could not swim at that time and the pool was too deep for me to stand. Therefore, I had my own colorful water wings on my both arms. I played happily with my sister and father while my mother lay on one of the deck chairs reading a book on the other side of the swimming pool. We played a lot of games, including "Rock Paper Scissors" under the water.

An Angle of that Swimming Pool 

After playing for thirty minutes, I wanted to rest with mom. When I got out of the water and stood beside the pool, my sister told me that she wanted to play with my water wings. Without hesitating, I pulled off my wings and gave them to my sister. I hopped along the swimming pool on my own, feeling joyful and couldn't wait to tell mom how fun it was to play in the pool.

Carelessly, I went too close to the pool. I felt myself flied and then fell into pool. My head went under the water. Every time I took a breath, I choked. I tried so hard to kick myself to the surface but I was not strong enough. Whenever I reached the air, I gasped and yelled for help. Quickly, I went under the water again. I could see the blue sky with water ripples and white bubbles above me.

However, I couldn't escape the water that swallowed me. In those seconds, I realized breathing is crucial to life. Just about worn out of energy, I saw my father jump into the water. He held me in his big hands and lifted me up to the poolside. I saw the tightness on his face. He scooped me up in a big towel. My parents and sister held me tightly. The warmness they gave to me caused my trembling to stop.

The struggle in water, and saved by my father. This is the experience that I will never forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment